Friday, December 4, 2009

front fence footings

electrical cable for the powerpoint



painted front doors hopefully the paint comes off the glass



Yet another big day for us.
Started the day ringing up painters for quotes of course no-one rang back.
Then received an email from the construction coordinator.......they couldn't bend the freestyle bench top into shape argggghhhhhhh no one wants to hear this when you are eagerly awaiting bench tops (so tiling can go ahead.) I was given the option to have a square bench top in lieu of the curve..... not a good idea with the kids or even myself (i'm not the most coordinated person in the world) or that they would upgrade us to the corian which can be bent.
Our CC was able to fit me in today to have a look at the samples.... why do things like this happen when tien is away :) (it was difficult at prestart but when you already have the cupboards in and the door frames and doors already painted it is a nightmare)
Our CC and prestart coordinator were both there and were a fantastic help, they even found the glass splash back tile so I could try and visualise better. In the end I've gone with silver birch, it doesn't match the splash back as well and it has more grey tones in it, and i worry it will look silly with the licorice linea cupboard backing and also the wood floor. However it was the closest to the freestyle we pick and so I'm sure when its in I will love it.
While I was at the office I took the opportunity to ask our CC what their shut down dates were 18thdec to the 4th jan. Also I asked if they had a ball park date for the pci and she said it would most likely be the end of jan :) yippeee something to look forward to :)
After the office I couldn't resist call past the house and to my surprise the footings have been laid for the brick fence :)
4 fantastic painters were doing their thing - Half the doors have been painted, the majority of the frames have been painted the ceilings were finished, the windowsills and french door have received their first coat. The head painter C gave me a quote for painting the house and I went back and bargained with him today :) He has to come back when the tiler finishes (as the tiler doesn't like working with paint fumes around) to finish the doors and frames internally. Externally he pointed out that the colour of paint we picked for the render is very white looking and may look odd with the garage door and the eaves so thankfully he had his colour swatch with him and he has allowed me to coordinate these colours. the front render will now be smooth cream. The doors look very white but we will be having security screens in front so hopefully they will look ok.
so the panic now is that by next wed I need to choose the internal colours of the house arrggghhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment